Total Pageviews

Monday, September 17, 2012

College Time

Well, I am now at BYU. On my own. It's a lot of fun so far.

So classes are the first thing to talk about. Taking it easy. 12 credits. Nice and simple easy to keep up with work and transition into this new environment. I think next semester I'll try 15, but I am working, so we can see how that'll go over.

I don't have a ton of interesting stories, but my roommates are awesome. The one I share a bedroom with is one of my friends from Orem High, Garrett. We are pretty similar, so this makes it pretty easy to get along with him and it's a ton of fun.

My other roommate is a super nice guy from Fillmore. He's friendly and super easy to get along with.

So far, nothing's really stressed me out. Things just happen, work out, and nothing really bad has happened. So I can be thankful for that. I do get a little lazy with homework, but so far I've been able to turn everything in on-time and I can only assume I have good grades (I haven't checked yet)

Last night was really fun though. Garrett and I were invited to 3 dinners. WOOT! The first, was from my wonderful mother. That was an early meal, like 2 o clock. During this dinner I asked my mom if there was some good recipes that were easy so we could make dinner for girls in our ward. Adam promptly suggested that we wait until after our missions to do that, and suggested we try and get as many free dinners as we could until then.

We came back to our apartment afterwards, where we were invited over to our friend Julia's apartment for taco soup. It was SUPER good and it was super fun to get to know her roommates and neighbors and make new friends. That dinner was from 5:50-6:50. We then moved over to the apartment of our second invitation, friends Dylan, Amber, Emma, and Jenni. They had hawaiian haystacks which were also super good.  That was from 6:55-8:30, when I left to rest a bit before ward prayer. So that evening was a success in Adam's book.

So there is just a taste of Tim's adventures at BYU. I'm loving it here and having a great time with friends. So here is a good update for any of you who are still following my blog, and I hope to do it a little more often to keep you all updated.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I still follow your blog and it makes me smile to know you are having a good time (and eating well) Keep posting-I still like blogs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tim! Glad to see you in cyberspace and at the dinner table (sometimes!) Good work on moving so fast on the dinners! Keep it up! Love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Tim update! Sounds like BYU is treating you well. I hope that there are many more free dinners in your future.

    ReplyDelete